As an experienced pianist and piano dealer, customers often ask me, “Is it too late for me to learn to play the piano?” There is no simple answer to the question, given that every person’s capacity to learn differs. However, based on personal experience, it is never too late for anyone to learn to play this amazing musical instrument.
That said, it is best that you start learning right this minute, because if you are not learning, you are not growing. Those are some wise words that I have heard many times before. Life, as you know it, is all about learning. Learning gives us a reason to live. Ask yourself, is there anything better about your life, than all the new relationships, wisdom, and experiences that come from learning?
If you have the means and the desire to learn to play piano, then I suggest that you start right away. Here are several reasons why it is never too late to learn:
1. Learning to play piano teaches you to be more patient. Patience is important, especially as you grow older.
2. You can sharpen your eye-hand coordination and the mind.
3. It is certainly a good idea to learn to play piano, particularly if you have a never-ending passion for music.
4. As you get older, you are much better at expressing yourself. You can express yourself through the music pieces that you create from playing the piano.
5. Most adults find it difficult to learn a music piece, but once they achieve success in playing it, it feels even more satisfying than it would be if they were younger.
6. The sheer joy of learning to play piano is more gratifying at an older age.
7. A large number of adults claim that their days have improved overall after they learned to play piano. They are better at focusing on work and most other things too.
At the same time that you are busy looking for a piano teacher, it is important to obtain techniques or tips on how you can learn faster and preserve more information. Most individuals do not understand that when it comes to the learning process, it is not how much information they can cram into their heads at any given time, but how much information they can actually retain. Once you learn how to retain more information, you will realize that you are able to learn more rapidly and more effectively.
I recommend that you take as much time as possible when it comes to finding the best piano teacher. Choose a highly qualified local teacher, so that you do not waste any more time in learning to play this musical instrument.