When I think of electronic keyboards, I cannot help to think of the Yamaha keyboard brand, which has been around for many years. The brand has established itself as one the very best and is a true leader in the keyboarding and music industry. Yamaha offers a wide range of portable keyboards and digital pianos that are extremely popular with hobbyists all over the world, and numerous world-famous musicians have made the Yamaha keyboard their first choice as well.
Yamaha has always had the answer to all my digital piano needs. They offer something for almost every taste and with the amazing technology on offer and the realistic piano sounds that can be created with one of their keyboards, it is never necessary to spend loads of money on something such as a grand piano.
It is great that Yamaha offers so many different keyboard models, but this can also be somewhat of a problem for most people, especially first-time buyers. I was facing this problem a while back and I had no idea how to choose the perfect model for my personal requirements. In the end, the following steps helped me tremendously:
How to make sure that you select the ideal Yamaha keyboard
1. The first thing I did was to decide what number of keys I wanted. Yamaha offers 32, 49, 61, 76 and 88 keys on their keyboards. I wanted something that was close enough to an acoustic type piano, so I ended up choosing the 88 keys, which is the closest I could get. The keyboards with fewer keys are perfect if portability is very important and they are definitely more affordable too.
2. Next, it is essential to compare the touch responses. Again, I was looking for something that could reproduce the sounds of an acoustic type piano, so I chose a keyboard that offered weighted keys. I found the Clavinovas and Arius from Yamaha to be one of the best available digital pianos on the market. They have perfectly weighted keys that have no problem to imitate the sounds produced by a quality acoustic piano.
3. Evaluating the sound library of the Yamaha keyboard is the next thing that is vital to do. It is important to select a keyboard that offers an extensive variety of sounds. It does not matter if I am a hip-hop or classical pianist, it remains crucial to buy a Yamaha keyboard that can be used to produce almost any type of sound with. This allowed me to create brand new beats and melodies, as well as diversify my own playing style.
4. Make sure to examine the keyboard’s recording capabilities. I wanted to record each one of my own compositions, so I selected a Yamaha keyboard that offered the 16-track capability, which is perfect for recording. This keyboard allows me to lay down and record the sequences of 16 different sounds and instruments. I had the option of keyboards that offer as little as 2 tracks, but I was told to use 16 if I wanted the best results.
5. Always select a Yamaha keyboard that offers Internet connectivity. Most of today’s keyboards are equipped to effortlessly connect to any laptop or PC, but Yamaha offers Internet Direct Connect. This feature is amazing, as it allows me to download any scores and songs directly to my keyboard from the Internet.
If the above steps are followed, it will become much easier to select the perfect Yamaha keyboard that will suit any personal requirements.